What is rundll32 virus?
Rundll32.exe is a normal system file that is the essential part of Windows, which is responsible for running certain aspects of applications like Internet Explorer. If you have some problems with this file on your computer and your OS often shows you different error messages, including the names of this file, you should find out what is the reason of the problem. If the reason is infection, then you should remove rundll32 virus as soon as possible.
How to detect rundll32 virus on the computer?
Windows system files are easy target for viruses infections, as it is quite difficult to locate malicious files among windows’ files. The problem with rundll32 might be caused by a system error, but it can also turn out to be that your computer is infected with rundll32.exe virus and all the problems are because of its viral activity. Let’s define the reason of the error case. Here’s the list of possible symptoms that were caused by viruses:
- You can’t use your browser as you like, because all the pages are constantly redirected. Usually viruses redirect the pages of search engines or their results and you can’t find anything you are looking for, including the information about viruses and the methods of their removal;
- Sometimes you cannot access some very important parts of your system, for example your Task Manager is blocked and you can’t open some settings via Control Panel, or some other system settings;
- You can notice also that rundll32.exe process spends high CPU (ranging from 40% to 100%);
- Noticeable slowdown of the performance on the computer, errors of unknown type.
How to remove rundll32 virus from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove rundll32 virus from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. The program is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install it. Once you’ve installed anti-malware application, run the scan of your system and select to remove all the threats.
How to remove rundll32 virus manually
- Open your Task Manager and stop viral rundll32.exe process. You can detect it by the high usage of CPU (ranging from 40% to 100%);
- Open Registry Editor, by pressing Win+R buttons and typing regedit in the line. Then navigate the following Registry Keys and remove them:
- Find all the files that can be called like rundll32, except the file that exist in C:\Windows\System32\ folder;
- After that you should do the full scan of your computer with the help of a powerful antivirus program. Our team strongly recommend you to download SpyHunter removal tool – it will completely remove rundll32 virus from your computer, thus free you from all the difficulties.