What is My Inbox Helper?
My Inbox Helper is a deceptive browser extension that may be classified as a browser hijacker. Once it gets on the user’s system, it forcibly sets a new homepage that user will not be able to replace. Browser hijacker is commonly used for link promotion which is why you may notice an increasing amount of advertisements while browsing the Internet. Although it’s not dangerous, intrusive advertisement greatly diminishes browsing experience and affects Mac performance. In addition to this, it may cause redirects making users visit specific sites, the contents of which leaves much to be desired. Below you will find a step-by-step guide that will help you to remove My Inbox Helper from Mac.
How to remove My Inbox Helper from Mac?
This application is able to detect and remove My Inbox Helper from your computer and clean up your browser. Simple, easy-to-use and helpful.
Or you may use manual removal method:
Step 1: Remove My Inbox Helper from Applications
In order to get rid of My Inbox Helper, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing My Inbox Helper, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall My Inbox Helper or My Inbox Helper Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find a required program, sort programs by date and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use Removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove My Inbox Helper from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove My Inbox Helper from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find My Inbox Helper or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for My Inbox Helper.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select My Inbox Helper.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Eliminate My Inbox Helper by deleting cache
In most cases, deleting the cache can resolve the problem
- Open Finder and select your user/home folder.
- With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options
- When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder.
- Select Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db and move it to the trash.
Step 4: Remove My Inbox Helper from Profiles
Sometimes malware might have its entries in Group Policy that helps browser hijacker overrides search engine every time you reset browser settings.
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Profiles at the bottom of window.
- Choose AdminPrefs profile, click “-“ icon and enter password.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find My Inbox Helper on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of My Inbox Helper is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use Combo Cleaner automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it. Thank you for your attention.