What is Maftas?
Maftas is a process that prevents a user from the deleting of Mac Auto Fixer software. This process opens Mac Auto Fixer program after the startup of the system. When it’s open, Mac Auto Fixer immediately begins fake scanning process. The results of it are various problems, that cannot be removed by the means of the free version. Actually, there is no reason to worry about, the results of the scanning are fake. Malwares of this category usually provide users with advertisements and are aimed at promoting useless software, but it can be also used for spying on the user. It possibly can install other software without the user’s permission, show annoying pop-up messages, redirect the user to the questionable websites and moreover collect personal information, steal passwords and accounts. This software requires immediate unisnatallation and if you wonder how to remove Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) from your Mac OS, read our guide for free!
- Automatic solutions for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Mac OS
- Manual solution for Safari
- Manual solution for Google Chrome
- Manual solution for Mozila Firefox
How to remove Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA?
Automatic solutions for Mac users
We strongly recommend you to use a powerful anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. It will mitigate the risks of the wrong uninstallation. Download Combo Cleaner anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of “Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA” automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA’: CleanMyMac
How to remove “Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA” manually?
Disclaimer: You do it on your own risk. We don’t bear any responsibility for your actions. These instructions are rather large and it requires 100% precise execution.
- Press the Go button in the upper-left side of the screen.
- Click the Applications button
- Be attentive, and look for suspicious programs (This PUA may has a different name)
- As you find them – delete them all
- Now press the Go button and then Go to the folder…
- In the search bar type /Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files in this folder
- Choose the Go to the folder… option once again and type /Library/Application Support
- Remove all suspicious files and folders
- Then, with the help of the same menu, go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents and remove all suspicious files from there
- Do the same with /Library/LaunchDaemons folder
- Here you’d better use Combo Cleaner, or CleanMyMac in order to get rid of the root of the problem at all.
- Now you have to clean your browser
How to delete “Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA” from your browser?
It’s very important to clean your browser after removing the “head” of the problems. Follow the instruction and you will win this fight.
- Launch your browser and press Safari button in the upper right side of the screen.
- Here click on Preferences button and choose Extensions.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Close the menu and press Safari button again and push Reset Safari button
- Check all sections and then press Reset button
- Open your browser, click on the Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (It consists of 3 dashes)
- Here choose More tools menu and then press Extensions button.
- Now look for any suspicious plugin and then press Trash button or Remove button in order to delete it (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close the menu and click the 3-dashes button, choose Settings menu, look for Manage Search Engines button and press Manage search engines.
- Here you should look for any suspicious search site and delete it
- Close the menu and press 3-dashes button again.
- Here press Settings button and scroll down to the bottom.
- Now press Reset browser settings button, then click Reset button again to confirm this process.
- Launch your browser, click on Menu button in the upper right side of the browser (it consists of 3 dashes).
- Now click on Add-ons and choose Extensions menu.
- Then look for any suspicious plugin and click on the Remove button (usually it’s toolbars or searching engines).
- Close this menu and press Firefox button in the upper left side of the browser.
- Press Question mark button and click on Troubleshooting information (this menu can also be found in 3-dashes menu)
- Now press Reset Firefox button in order to delete this scam
There are all manual instructions that will help you to find “Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA” on your computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of “Maftask process and Mac Auto Fixer PUA” is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use an automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the Combocleaner will remove it.