What is InfiniteTear?
InfiniteTear ransomware is a very dangerous virus, that is able to make all the personal files on your PC unreadable. First InfiniteTear infiltrates your system, then starts encrypting procedure with asymmetric cryptography encryption algorithms. This ransomware adds .JezRoz extension to the name of all the encrypted files. For example, film.mp4 file turns into film.mp4.JezRoz file. In this article you can learn how to remove InfiniteTear and decrypt .JezRoz files.
Once files are encrypted, virus creates text file Important_Read_Me.txt in each directory with the ecnrypted files. Here’s the message from this text file:
Your System Specific Identification Key :
What happened to my computer?
All of your personal files, such as documents, photos, videos, databases and files
that you need, have been removed from your secure cryptography.
You need to pay for your personal files to be decrypted.
Maybe you’re looking for a way out of the internet to reopen your files. We will
endow you no one but us able to reopen your encrypted files!
So what should I do now?
All you need to do is pay the amount requested to our Bitcoin account and then
send the personal identification key to our email address.
Why should I trust you?
We are not dishonest users and guarantee the return of all your missing files. To
do this, you can decode 2 of your files by sending us free of charge.
After this message, you have only 7 days to pay the requested amount
of time. After that time, your key will be deleted from our server and you will not be
able to access any of your files even if the requested amount is paid and
remember any attempts to manipulate your encrypted files by the program.
Miscellaneous or other people may cause the file to be lost.
Pament : 310$
Email : InfinityShadow@Protonmail.com
BitCoin Address : 18vsVuzW7oQLQX2u6UmGw9SzhmGntbEQoJ
InfiniteTear uses typical ransomware scheme. After finishing encrypting process, the ransomware will state that there are no ways to get your data back but only pay a certain fee. Cyber criminals wants you to pay them about $310 in Bitcoins. After the payment is done, they will send you decryption key. Still, there is no guarantee that it will help you to get your data back. Mostly these cyber criminals are just ignoring people who pays them. So please do not invest into this criminal scheme. InfiniteTear ransomware does very complicated encryption, but it does not damage, move or delete your files, which means you have chance to restore your personal data, but for now you should focus on removing InfiniteTear ransomware.
How to remove InfiniteTear from your computer and restore files?
You need to decrypt your files, but you should know that it is impossible without removing the virus from your computer. In order to remove InfiniteTear ransomware you need a proper and reliable anti-malware program. Most of PC security experts states that SpyHunter removal tool is a solid choice. This anti-malware application is able to detect and remove InfiniteTear ransomware from your computer. SpyHunter’s newly advanced ransomware detection technology is able to run an instant ransomware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new ransomware attack.
How to decrypt .JezRoz files encrypted by InfiniteTear?
Once you’ve removed virus, you are probably thinking of recovering files from encryption. Let’s take a look at possible ways of decrypting your data.
Decrypt .JezRoz files with automated decryption tools
Unfortunately, due to novelty of InfiniteTear ransomware, there are no avaliable automatic decryptors for this encryptor yet. Still, there is no need to invest in malicious scheme by paying ransom. You are able to recover files manually.
Decrypt .JezRoz files manually
You can try to use one of these methods in order to restore your encrypted data manually.
Restore data with Windows Previous Versions
This feature is working on Windows Vista (not Home version), Windows 7 and later versions. Windows saves copies of files and folders which you can use to restore data on your computer. In order to restore data from Windows Backup, take following steps:
- Open My Computer and search for the folders you want to restore;
- Right-click on the folder and choose Restore previous versions option;
- The option will show you the list of all the previous copies of the folder;
- Select restore date and the option you need: Open, Copy and Restore.
Restore the system with System Restore
You can always try to use System Restore in order to roll back your system to its condition before infection infiltration. All the Windows versions include this option.
- Type restore in the Search tool;
- Click on the result;
- Choose restore point before the infection infiltration;
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Restore data with Shadow Explorer
Shadow Explorer is an application that is able to provide you with Shadow Copies created by the Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service.
- Once you’ve downloaded this application, open a folder with it;
- Right-click on the file ShadowExplorer-0.9-portable and choose Extract all option;
- Run ShadowExplorerPortable.exe;
- Look at the left corner, there you can choose desired hard drive and latest restore option;
- On the right side you can see the list of files. Choose any file, right-click on it and select Export option.
Restore data with Recuva
Recuva is a data recovery program for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is able to recover files that have been “permanently” deleted and marked by the operating system as free space.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed this application, start it in Wizard mode: choose the Options button and then select Run Wizard;
- You will see Welcome to the Recuva Wizard page, choose Next;
- Open the File Type page and choose the type of data you need to recover, after select Next. If you don’t know what kind of data you are looking for, choose Other option;
- Choose the location of a search in the File Location window;
- In the Thank you window, select Start. After finishing searching process, Recuva will show you the results of search;
- Before recovering of the data, choose the Check Boxes near the file. You can see three types of colored dots. Green dot means that your chance to restore file is excellent. Orange one – chance to restore file is acceptable. And the red one shows you that it’s unlikely to happen;
- Select Recover option and choose the directory of the restored data.
How to protect PC from InfiniteTear?
It’s pretty difficult task to get rid of any ransomware, including InfiniteTear. But you can easily prevent any infection of your PC. HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard can help you with this problem. It’s one of the best anti-ransomware applications. No matter how sneaky it is, HitmanPro.Alert’s CryptoGuard will stop InfiniteTear infiltration to your system. After detection, this program removes all the related to the ransomware data and prevents your file from being encrypted.
How to remove InfiniteTear and decrypt .JezRoz files