File Restore Virus is fake computer optimization software that annoys with its error alerts. This program can show you only false problems. Usually this program appears on your computer without your permission or even without your knowledge about it. You can just visit some suspicious webpages (and may be they will not seem suspicious to you), and the infection is already in your system. You will notice it after the next reboot. You should remove File Restore Virus, otherwise it will use your Twitter, Facebook and email accounts in order to send infected spam letters to the users that are in your address book.
So, if you notice File Restore Virus on your computer, then you can be sure that your address book is used by this infection, so you should communicate with your friends in order to prevent this infection to penetrate their computers. Every time when you start your computer, then infection starts with it, then you will see the fake scan process and fake scan results in order to frighten you. After that File Restore Virus will offer you to pay a sum of money in order to solve all the problems of your PC. Here is the small list of the possible found errors: “Drive C initialization error”, “Read time of hard drive clusters less than 500 ms”, “32% of HDD space is unreadable”, “Bad sectors on hard drive or damaged file allocation table”. You should just ignore them and do not pay any money to the infection creators.
Note 1: Use this instructions to record Kaspersky Rescue Disk:
How to create Kaspersky Rescue Disc
Note 2: Use this instructions to run Kaspersky Windows Unlocker:
How to run Kaspersky Windows Unlocker
Note 3: Use this Removal Tool to clean all traces of File Restore Virus:
If you want to remove File Restore Virus, then you should perform some instructions, you can use the following:
- Press Windows + R buttons in order to call Command Prompt. Then type %allusersprofile% in the window and press Enter.
- Then you should change some settings in order to see all the files of the infection. So, click Organize, then select “Folder and search options“, click on View tab, Select “Show hidden files and folders” option, uncheck “Hide extensions for known file types“, uncheck “Hide protected operating files” and click OK button.
- So, then you can see all the files of the infection:
Uninstall File Restore.lnk
So, you are welcome to use search field in Start menu in order to find and remove them.
- Then you should remove the following registry entries:
- After that you can scan your computer for infections.
Also you can use the simplest automatic method: use the File Restore Virus Removal Tool.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova Googleli