What is CouponDropDown
CouponDropDown virus is a program that presents itself as an advertising platform that shows different advertisements and coupons to users, like other adware infections. This infection can be attached to your browser as a browser helper object, which shows annoying pop-up advertisements when user searches anything in it. These pop-up advertisements can contain links and users can click them occasionally or intentionally, but you should know that the offers can be not real and the web pages can be not safe. Be careful with this infection, it is better to remove CouponDropDown virus.
It is very hard to keep patience if you see these annoying pop-ups, searching the web, there will be an insuperable desire to get rid of the infection and not to see these pop-ups any more. CouponDropDown virus will install its extension into your web browser and you will have to remove CouponDropDown virus and then separately remove its extension.
So, let’s remove the infection and get rid of the add-ons that were installed into your browser. Follow the instructions:
- Click on Start menu button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program link and find the program in the list in order to highlight it and click on Uninstall button.
If these instructions were not helpful for you, then you are welcome to use antivirus program. You cannot use the antivirus program that is already installed on your computer, because it can be corrupted by the infection that you are trying to remove. So, you should use new installed and new-updated antivirus program that is able to work in Safe Mode. If you do not want what antivirus program to choose, then you are welcome to use CouponDropDown Removal Tool or Security Stronghold Antivirus. After the removal of CouponDropDown virus you should do the restoration of the system, using Windows installation CD.
After that you should remove CouponDropDown virus parts from your web browser:
For Google Chrome:
- Click on Wrench icon, then select Tools, Extensions.
- Click on trash icon near the name of the unwanted program.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Click Tools, then select Add-ons.
- Select Extensions and Plugin tabs and remove CouponDropDown from there.
For Internet Explorer:
- Click Tools, then Manage add-ons.
- In Toolbars and Extensions tabs you should find the unwanted program and remove it from there.
You should restart your browser, only then you will see the applied changes.
Material provided by: Alesya Orlova Google