What is Chumsearch.com?
Chumsearch.com is your homepage in a browser and you don’t remember installing it? It’s quite easy to explain – your system is infected with malware. The thing is, this search engine may appear to be legitimate and even helpful, but it is totally not the way it might seem. Chumsearch.com is a browser hijacker, which means it can sneak through your system without your permission. It will make a lot of changes in a browser, for example take over your homepage, modify search engine, display a lot of unwanted content and so on. That’s why we recommend you to remove Chumsearch.com.
Developers of such shady applications are using bundling method to spread their malware. Chumsearch.com is usually installed without user’s participation or knowledge with some other downloaded program. Chumsearch.com will spoil your browser’s configurations and disrupt your browsing with constant redirection and sponsored by third-party advertisement. Another malicious feature of Chumsearch.com is personal information tracking. It can monitor your searching queries, browsing story, geolocation, all the keyboard and mouse inputs you make in your web browser. All the stolen information may be shared and misused by third-parties to generate revenue.
How to remove Chumsearch.com from your computer?
This anti-malware removal tool is able to detect and remove Chumsearch.com from your computer and clean up your browser. Newly advanced malware detection technology is able to run an instant malware scan, which is perfect to protect your computer in case of a new malware attack.
How to remove Chumsearch.com manually
Step 1: Remove Chumsearch.com from Control Panel
In order to get rid of Chumsearch.com, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing Chumsearch.com, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for Chumsearch.com.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find Chumsearch.com and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Chumsearch.com, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find Chumsearch.com and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use our removal tool in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
Step 2: Remove Chumsearch.com from Windows Group Policies
In order to remove Chumsearch.com from your browser, you have to remove Windows Group Policies created by this malware first. Follow this instruction:
- Open Command Prompt – to do that, hit Start button and type cmd, then right-click on it and select Run as Administrator;
- Type following command in Command Prompt:
rd /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers”
- Click Enter button;
- Then type this:
rd /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy”
- Push Enter button again;
- Now the last thing to type here is this one short command:
- Click on Enter.
Step 3: Remove Chumsearch.com from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Chumsearch.com from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Chumsearch.com.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Chumsearch.com.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable Chumsearch.com.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 4: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that perform most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 5: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Chumsearch.com and remove it on your computer. The most effective method to get rid of Chumsearch.com is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use any automatic tool. The manual method will weaken the malicious program and the program will remove it.
You can also use any antivirus program in order to find and get rid of Chumsearch.com, because some antivirus programs have this malware in its signature base. But not every antivirus program can include a special browser hijacker remover. If you want to use special program that was created to remove browser hijacker, then you can use removal tool from this page – download button below. Thank you for your attention.