What is Ad Guardian?
Ad Guardian (the full name is Ad Guardian Ad Blocker) is a potentially unwanted program, despite the fact that according to the developers, this is a successful extension that helps to hide unwanted content. In fact, Ad Guardian is adware and you need to remove Ad Guardian from your computer, so that’s why. This displays an incredible amount of advertising content that can simply drive you crazy. Here’s what the site for this extension looks like:
How to remove Ad Guardian from your computer?
Download Combo Cleaner anti-malware program for Mac in order to remove the source of ‘Ad Guardian’ hijacker automatically. Simple, effective and user-friendly.
You can also use this software, it may help you to remove ‘Ad Guardian’: CleanMyMac
How to remove Ad Guardian manually
Step 1: Remove Ad Guardian from Applications
In order to get rid of Ad Guardian, the first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your Mac computer. When removing Ad Guardian hijacker, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Open Finder.
- Select Applications in the Finder menu.
- Search for Ad Guardian hijacker Uninstaller, then choose it and follow instructions.
- Drag malicious application from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Step 2: Remove Ad Guardian from browsers
Once you’ve uninstalled the application, remove Ad Guardian hijacker from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Safari
- Choose Safari menu.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for suspicious and unknown extensions that may be related to Ad Guardian hijacker.
- Choose Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for Ad Guardian hijacker.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select Ad Guardian hijacker.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
Step 3: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser setting in Safari:
- Open Safari.
- Select Safari menu.
- Choose Reset Safari…
- Click Reset button.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
There are all the manual instructions that will help you to find Ad Guardian hijacker on your Mac computer and remove it. The most effective method to get rid of Ad Guardian hijacker is to perform the manual removal instructions and then use the automatic tool.
Written by Rami Duafi