What is AccelerateTab?
AccelerateTab is presented as a browser extension that enhances your browsing experience. This program adds new homepage with advanced functionality to your browser, however, benefit of this pales in comparison with the inconveniences you have to face. Once installed, program modifies browser configuration, shortcuts and installs helper objects without user consent, which indicates that AccelerateTab is actually browser hijacker. Moreover, it can monitor your searching queries, browsing story, geolocation, all the keyboard and mouse inputs you make in your web browser. All the stolen information may be shared and misused by third-parties to generate revenue. Given all this, we advise you to get rid AccelerateTab as soon as possible.
How to remove AccelerateTab from your computer?
The best and easiest way to remove AccelerateTab from your computer is to use special anti-malware program that has this threat in its database. The program is fully automated, all you need to do is to download and install it. Once you’ve installed anti-malware application, it will scan your system and remove all the threats.
SpyHunter 4 – it scans your computer and detects AccelerateTab, then removes it with all of the related malicious files, folders and registry keys. One of the best features of this program – large threat’s database. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete AccelerateTab. Use this removal tool to get rid of AccelerateTab for FREE.
Malwarebytes Antimalware – this program will help you to get rid of AccelerateTab. It can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
CleanMyMac – fully removes all instances of AccelerateTab from Mac and Safari. One of the best features of this program – large threat’s database. After deep scanning of your system, it will easily find and delete AccelerateTab. Use this removal tool to get rid of AccelerateTab for FREE.
Malwarebytes Antimalware for Mac – finds adware and can clean up leftover items after removal. It can find malicious program that is corrupting your system and clean up junk files after removal.
How to remove AccelerateTab manually
Step 1: Remove AccelerateTab from Control Panel
In order to get rid of AccelerateTab, first thing you need to do is to uninstall malicious program from your computer. When removing AccelerateTab, try to find suspicious recently installed programs and delete them too, as it’s pretty common that any malware comes with some other unwanted programs.
- Select Start.
- Control Panel.
- Then choose Add or Remove Programs.
- Search for AccelerateTab.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista:
- Select Start.
- Then Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a Program.
- Find AccelerateTab and choose Uninstall.
Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Open the Menu.
- Select Search.
- After that choose Apps.
- Next Control Panel.
- Then as in Windows 7, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find AccelerateTab, select it and choose Uninstall.
- Click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu, then select Settings at the top.
- Choose App & features on the left menu.
- On the right side, find AccelerateTab and select it, then click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Uninstall to confirm.
- Launch Finder
- Select Applications in the Finder sidebar.
- If you see Uninstall AccelerateTab or AccelerateTab Uninstaller, double-click it and follow instructions
- Drag unwanted application from the Applications folder to the Trash (located on the right side of the Dock)
Note: If you can’t find required program, sort programs by date in Control panel and search for suspicious recently installed programs. If you still can’t locate any suspicious program or not sure what some application is for, we advise you to use SpyHunter free scanner in order to track down what malicious program is infecting your system.
AccelerateTab won’t uninstall
There are a lot of options in any Windows version for removing applications. Still, not all the programs can be completely deleted using these options. Adware, Badware and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) are too stubborn to be removed, more than that, there are created this way, created to be hard to get rid of them. That’s why sometimes you can’t uninstall them using standard Windows options. You’ll probably get this message: “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall AccelerateTab. Please, contact your system administrator.” In this case, it may be easier to use the automated removal tool or you may try to perform previous step in Safe Mode.
Step 2: Remove AccelerateTab from browsers
At first, you need to remove AccelerateTab from Windows Group Policy by performing following instructions:
- Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
- In Windows 10/8 or Windows 7 click Start and type: “cmd” in the search box.
Right-click on the found result and select Run as Administrator.
rd /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers” in command prompt and press Enter button.
rd /S /Q “%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy” and press Enter button
Press Enter button.
Once you’ve cleaned up Group Policies, remove AccelerateTab from your web browser. You need to search for recently-installed suspicious add-ons and extensions.
- Open Google Chrome
- Push Alt + F.
- Choose Tools.
- Select Extensions.
- Search for AccelerateTab.
- Select the trash can icon to remove it.
- Click Preferences from Safari menu
- Select Extensions.
- Find AccelerateTab or other extensions that look suspicious.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Open Firefox.
- Push Shift + Ctrl + A.
- Select AccelerateTab.
- Choose Disable or Remove option.
- Open IE.
- Push Alt + T.
- Choose Manage Add-ons option.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Next select Disable AccelerateTab.
- Choose More information link in the left-bottom corner.
- Click Remove button.
- If this button is grayed out – perform alternative steps.
Step 3: Removing malicious link from your browser shortcuts
Sometimes even removing of malicious program from your computer and web browser can’t help. If you are still facing unknown webpage when you open your web browser, then you might have your browser shortcut changed. It’s pretty common trick that performs most of browser hijackers. They change your browser shortcut so that every time you open it you’ll see not your homepage, but some advertisement webpage. But this issue is quite simple to fix. The instruction stated below matches most of the browsers.
- Right-click on your browser shortcut, choose Properties.
- If you see a link to some website after .exe in the Target field, read on.
- Usually you are not able to delete a link from Target field, that’s why you need to click on the Open File Location button in this window.
- Once you’ve opened file location, select chrome.exe/firefox.exe/iexplore.exe.
- Right-click on this file and choose Sent to option, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- New shortcut will have no additional redirection links.
- Delete old infected shortcut. If you got one in your taskbar, delete it from there too.
- Now you have new and clear shortcut without redirection to unknown websites.
Step 4: Resetting your browser search and homepage settings
To be sure that there is nothing left behind, we recommend you to reset your browser. It will restore your browser settings to default.
Reset browser settings in Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu (3 bar button) in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Go to Reset browser settings section.
- Click Reset browser settings.
- In the dialog that appears, click Reset.
Reset browser settings in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Go to Help.
- Go to Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
Reset browser settings in Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the cogwheel in the right upper corner.
- Click Internet options.
- Got to Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Put a tick near Delete personal settings checkbox.
- Click Reset button.
How to block malicious pop-ups in browsers
Adguard is a perfect application that will get rid your system of annoying ads, online tracking and will provide reliable protection from malware. The main advantage of Adguard is that you can easily block any types of ads whether legitimate they or not within your browser. Use it for FREE.