Why did Error 0x80072ee7 occur and how to get rid of it
Error 0x80072ee7 is usually caused in the process of installing updates on Windows 10. It appears when the user tries to run the Update, finds the acceptable Windows 10 update and attempts to start it. The update starts loading, but then stops abd freezes at some stage and then drops this message:
Something went wrong
Microsoft can’t install important security updates on your PC.
Please contact Microsoft Support for help with this error.
Please provide the support representative this error code: 0x80072ee7
It may be happening due to any kind of reason: damaged Windows system files, Network configuration issues, problems with Windows Registry, drivers problem, improperly operating applications and so on. Let’s try these methods in order to fix 0x800f081f Error in Windows 10, one of them will surely work for you.
Fast automatic solution to fix 0x800f081f Error in Windows 10
Easiest way to fix Windows 10 Error 0x80072ee7 is to use special computer optimizer PC Health Advisor. It will scan your computer for system errors and issues. PC Health Advisor has wide range of solutions to most of the system problems, including Windows 10 Error 0x80072ee7. Install it and run the scan, then watch it fixing your system’s issues.
Another proper program that is able to fix Windows 10 Error 0x80072ee7 is Total PC Care. This application is designed to quickly and powerfully clean your Windows registry, boosting your computer’s performance. There are a lot of optimization tools in Total PC Care, give it a try.
It is quite easy method, but running SFC command may really be the solution to your problem.
- Press the Win + X keys in order to access the Power user menu and choose Command Prompt(Admin);
- In the Command Prompt window, type this command and push Enter:
- The tool will check and try to fix the corrupted files. Once the process is finished, restart your PC.
Usually the update requires the .Net Framework 3.5 to be installed.In order to fix the Update installation Error 0x80072ee7 you should try to install .Net Framework 3.5.
- Open Programs and features – press Windows + R buttons to open the run command box;
Then type: appwiz.cpl and click OK;
- Choose Turn Windows features on or off;
- Tick the box .Net Framework 3.5 and click OK;
- Now select Download Files from Windows update;
- Windows will start downloading and installation of Net Framework 3.5;
- Once Framework is installed, restart your computer;
- Try to update Windows again.
Downloading the most recent Servicing Stack Update (SSU) may help you to fix the issue.
First, find out whether you are using 32-bit or 64-bit Windows:
- From Start, select Settings;
- Choose System;
- Click About;
- Search for System type.
Then download the version of the latest SSU that matches your version of Windows from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Restart your device and check for updates.
Remove problem causing registry entries
- Push Windows button + the R key;
- Type regedit and press the Enter;
- Navigate to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\
- Remove these entries:
- Restar your PC.
Fix Windows file corruption:
- Open a command prompt – right click the Windows button, and then choose Command Prompt (Admin);
- In case you get a confirmation window, use your administrator password/click Yes to continue;
- Type this command, and then press Enter:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Note It might take few minutes for the command operation to be finished;
- Then type the following command and press Enter:
It may also take some time;
- Close the command prompt, and then run Windows Update again.
This problem may be solved by a drivers update. Not up-to-date drivers may be the reason of system errors, that’s why we recommend you to keep the drivers updated. To make it simple, you may use this application – it will scan your computer for drivers and offer newest updates.
In case you don’t have enough time or don’t want to go deep into manual instructions, we recommend you to use one of these fast automatic solutions to fix Error 0x80072ee7 in Windows 10. They will save your time and solve the issue.
That’s all for now, thank you for your attention, we hope this guide was helpful and simple. If you know any other useful methods – feel free to share them in the comment section below.