So, you got a pop-up message saying “Windows cannot find javaw.exe”. What is javaw.exe anyway? Is javaw.exe a crucial process for your PC work? How to fix the error? This article will help you to answer these questions and will give you a step-by-step tutorial to fix the error.
Javaw.exe is a process used by Sun Microsystems and it ensures normal work of your PC and certain programs. The process is in charge of network security and it is also used to execute programs created with Java. The program is not an essential process, nevertheless javaw.exe error will not allow your computer to run properly and will cause some other problems. If you get the error message, you should act quickly to find the remedy to the problem.
Fast automatic solutions:
First thing you should be aware of before we start dealing with the “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error is that the name javaw.exe is sometimes used by malware to hide inside your PC. Rogue javaw.exe files will cause speed slows, system freezes and crashes and constant appearance of “Blue Screen of Death”. To detect fake files check your PC’s CPU usage as often as possible (through Task Manager – push Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time to open it, then click Processes and locate javaw.exe file) – the real javaw.exe file does not require much memory, so abnormal memory usage is a sure sign of a fake file in your system.
To fix the “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error follow these steps:
1. If you found a non-Microsoft process running on your PC under javaw.exe name stop the process immediately and run a full scan with your Antivirus.
To stop the process:
– Open Task Manager, click Processes, find and right-click on javaw.exe file and click End Process.
2. If the problem was not caused by malware, the problem was probably caused by old version of system files.
- Go Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Currently installed programs.
- Find the Java program and uninstall it.
- Go to Java.com and click on the button “Free Java Download“.
- Download the latest version and install it.
- Restart your PC after the installation process is finished.
3. If the problem persists, fix computer registry.
NOTE: the process is potentially dangerous to your PC. It is not recommended to change registry database as you may accidentally delete important files and crash your system.
Download and install an automatic tool that will solve “PC Health Advisor” error safely and 100% efficiently. This automatic tool is specially designed to solve this type of errors. It will not require much time and effort from you. Just download, install it and the program will do all the hard work.
If you want to change your registries manually do the following:
- First do the back up for the file.
- Now go Start > Run and type “regedit” in the pop-up prompt window. Click OK.
- Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and double click on it. After click “Software” folder, go to “Microsoft” folder, then click on “Windows” folder and then “Currentversion” Folder.
- Now click “Run” folder and on the javaw.exe.
- Click Delete javaw.exe key. This will remove the file.
Material provided by: Alexey Abalmasov Google